Discuss mosaic addy for porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Yes....it's just if it's not your usual field of work, how should you know? Since I have given up my practice I am amazed how many people who just know me as a mosaic artist ( presently with this flu still giving me jib) give me totally unqualified medical advice, the horrors that are kicking about as advice gleaned from health and women mags etc, well, it's just shocking - and let's face it, most publicly available advice is profit driven, both in natural and allopathic medicine. And I'm no expert on cars, if I go into some petrol station and the oil is so much, some mechanic may well wonder how anyone in their right mind would buy it at that price, but if it's there and it's for sale and it looks good enough....

T

The D

Yes....it's just if it's not your usual field of work, how should you know? Since I have given up my practice I am amazed how many people who just know me as a mosaic artist ( presently with this flu still giving me jib) give me totally unqualified medical advice, the horrors that are kicking about as advice gleaned from health and women mags etc, well, it's just shocking - and let's face it, most publicly available advice is profit driven, both in natural and allopathic medicine. And I'm no expert on cars, if I go into some petrol station and the oil is so much, some mechanic may well wonder how anyone in their right mind would buy it at that price, but if it's there and it's for sale and it looks good enough....
point taken

R

Rich

I used to use BAL many moons ago, stopped using them because of the prices, they just seem to refuse to budge or even offer a decent trade price. Its mad really, you would think they would do what they can to keep up with the likes of Mapei. Then I went to Weber and Ultra, Larson and then found the golden grail with Mapei. I think I have prob used every brand out there at least once.

My point is that it doesnt have to be BAL or Mapei (although we all have our favs). Have a look around your local tiles/builders stores and see what you can get for a decent price, Ultra, Weber, Granfix, Ardex... They will all do a suitable adhesive :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to mosaic addy for porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently doing up a property and would like to tile some bathrooms walls. A couple of...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would start wit ha little back story. We've both a house where the main bathroom begged...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
mosaic addy for porcelain
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.