Discuss Mosaic grouting. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grouty0

Morning all,

just a quickie.
I have put some mosaics on the wall and shelf i have made after boxing in pipes as a splashback in my downstairs toilet.
Think they are travertine mosaics and when buying them was given GROUT RESIDUE REMOVER, TILE AND STONE CLEANER and HONED/TUMBLED TRAVERTINE and MARBLE PROTECTOR.
I havent started grouting them yet but was just wondering before i start to grout do i need to clean the mosaics first before i grout or grout then use the grout and residue remover, or what order do i use these three products in. Sounds common sense i know but don't want to spoil the tiles.
Also as i only have a splashback and am going to paint the walls do i use decorators filler to go around the edge of the floor tiles to the wall or silicone and if so can you get silicone or decorators filler in ivory colour as i have BAL SUPERFLEX GROUT for the mosaics and floor tiles in ivory so obviously don't want a big line of filler or silicone around the room in super white.

Thanks

Grouty0:smilewinkgrin:

G

grouty0

Thanks for the replies will be doing as you say with the cleaning and sealing products. the mosaics are the ones with big holes and lumps out of them that need filling with the grout. Yeah i think i was oversold overprotection from topps tiles. sure thats what they do with us diyer's eh. But didn't want to rock the boat as i originally bought over £500 worth of honed travertine to tile the whole of the walls but after looking and thinking long and hard decided it was too hard for me so decided to take them back and only use mosaics for a splashback and shelf and window sill. No problem eh. Couldn't find the receipt anywhere so they had to e mail head office to see if they could get an authorisation to refund me. Took 2 weeks but they did give me a refund so just wanted to get out of there pretty sharpish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Mosaic grouting. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I recently tiled a shower floor with a basalt mosaic tile. I used kerapoxy for the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mosaic grouting.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.