UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Mosaic help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Did you press the spacers all the way in crossways or just stick in one prong ?
You are always best just sticking one prong in. Can be hard to remove otherwise.
Another tip is remove them asap after fixing - really with mosaic, if you have used the correct trowel & adhesive, there is no need to leave spacers in for long, other for than initial spacing purposes. Your tiles should not move if you take them out before the adhesive has fully hardened.
regards

T

tafkap68

Yeah, should've asked on here before I started the job. I'll know in future.
Just one of those things that I'll put down to experience. First time doing mosaic so I think I've probably made all the schoolboy errors and I'll know how to approach the job next time around.
As I've stated on previous posts, I'll never stop learning. Just got to remember what NOT to do next time.:confused_smile:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I used to space the first few runs of tiles out with spacer out of my tub and then as soon as they started to go off I'd pull the spacer out of the existing tiles (while the adhesive is still a little tacky) and then use them on the rest of the job, so you keep using the spacers that are already in the wall sort of thing. Then at the end up the job, once you've got all your tools on the van, go back in and pull the rest of the spacers out.

I always tried to do it while the adhesive was still a little tacky.

If it's just too late. Use some long-nose pliers and a small screwdriver to prize them out, if you pop the odd mosaic, stick another in but without a spacer.

T

tafkap68

Do you like Prince perchance ?

Saw him on his last UK tour at the Apollo in Manchester - very small venue. bloody brilliant - played for about 2 and a half hours. Best gig I've ever been to.
I was there mate, 3rd row. Got in the soundcheck too, an extra hour for free! Great night, went to the aftershow party but he never turned up :sad_smile: Big arena tour rumoured for this year...

T

tafkap68

If it's just too late. Use some long-nose pliers and a small screwdriver to prize them out, if you pop the odd mosaic, stick another in but without a spacer.

Thanks Dan, I will give it a try tomorrow morning. If that doesn't work I was thinking of removing the mosaic sheets in the affected areas (about 8 sheets), scraping walls, washing tiles and re-applying. I think this would be quicker as I've tried to remove a few today and it will probably take over 6 hours to do the lot.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mosaic help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi Just after any advice on starting up as a tiler , same old stuck in a dead end boring job...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.