Discuss Mosaic tile, grout before or after? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

32alan

Over this weekend I hope to tile the shower with mosaic tiles which are glass and metal on a mesh sheet. My question is - not to dull I hope, but got to ask - once they are up and fully dry, do I remove the protective film which is over every one before or after grouting, thought it would have been after, to protect from grout although I can see me pull off the film whilst grouting, but have seen somewhere that comes of before, so best check. Thanks.

32alan

According to the PDF it isn't advised for some tile types as it can cause scratching. You mentioned it was in a shower, did you tank the walls ?
Link to PDF
Yep walls taken care of and going to tile tomorrow, I nearly used ready mix on the waterproofer, dam shop gave it to me, thanks to the guys on here I have better understanding and the right addy for the job.
I'll have to have a go on some left over tiles with the grouting. I guess its a suck it an see situ. Thanks for your help and taking the time to look for and read the pdf. :thumbsup:

Reply to Mosaic tile, grout before or after? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve put up mosaic tiles and some of them (the shiny metal ones) have a protective film...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mosaic tile, grout before or after?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.