Discuss Mosaic tiles (on the webbing) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stu-180

Morning all,

A friends sister has asked me if I would be able to tile her kitchen floor for her (concrete base), its a tiny room, approx 5msq, she has already bought her tiles, they are those little glass mosaic ones the webbing backer (about 300mm x 300mm).

Im guessing these will be fine to lay, I do have a trowel for mosaics I use on the wall.

Im thinking it best to lay them with that (3mm notched trowel) & with some normal bagged rapid set.

Anyone have and expierance laying these on the floor (anything I would need to watch out for ??)

The only thing slightly concerning me is they seem to want BLACK grout :yikes: ..... have not heard great things about using this.

Thanks

S

stu-180

These are glass mosaics as a shower floor, in a bathroom they are fine but cant see them lasting long on a kitchen floor.

Picture 11 of 11 from bathrooms

Rule of thumb for black grout is to add on lots of money..........:smilewinkgrin:

Nice work mate, pretty sure thats what they were thinking, I do agree, cant see them lasting long in a hard wearing area such as the kitching floor.

As for the black grout ....... WHY OH WHY cant they just have a nice standard grey lol ..... (Im just being lazy, I have heard from a few on here that Black is a real pain in the backside compared with normal grouts, but I guess its always good to try new things)

Reply to Mosaic tiles (on the webbing) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mosaic tiles (on the webbing)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.