Search the forum,

Discuss Mosaic tiles tips please? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all. Is there a knack to minimise adhesive coming through the gaps between small mosaic tiles when applying them to the wall?
I’ve done my first one of this size and I’ll end up spending more time, with a trowel, scraping out adhesive between the cut lines than I will doing the rest of the bathroom!
Should I be putting the adhesive on the wall or the tiles or both? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

What thickness are the mosaics? 4mm trowel is usually OK.

Thanks for the reply PDC, they are 8mm thick and I have some of those “MosaicFix” plastic backing mesh things which are about 1mm thick. My thinking was that it makes the tiles easier to handle and the thickness then matches my other 9mm tiles.
[automerge]1563381887[/automerge]
Ok so I need a 4mm trowel then. I think the one I have is 6mm. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
[automerge]1563381978[/automerge]
Thanks to all.
[automerge]1563539183[/automerge]
I’m having trouble getting my hands on a 4mm notched trowel without ordering online. Is this “Tilerite V notched economy “ trowel suitable for mosaics? Will it leave enough adhesive on the wall?
[automerge]1563539429[/automerge]

Attachments

• CC6E05A4-418A-4E01-9126-4C48CF87BB06.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Reply to Mosaic tiles tips please? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I plan to tile our bathroom with 60x60 cm tiles (8 mm thick) and the shower (because of the slope from all sides) will be done with mosaic tiles (5x5 cm). After researching I came to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement