Discuss motorised or manual in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

Everything can be done with a wet/angle grinder but you'd be there forever doing your straight cuts.

I use a Big clinker flat bed - Around £100 & a 350w geared wet cutter for £30 from Topps. Ill throw one of these in with the price of the job if ill be using it a lot for tiles like stone. Also have an angle grinder with diamond blade. Only use this if I have to do a socket or similar from the middle of a tile as I've not got a big fancy cutter with plunge facility.

B

Bubblecraft

They wee cutters are great. For the price of it, just add an extra square metre price to cover the cost of the cutter. Once your finished with it, keep it of toss it. Just now I have 3 in the van. I don't even change the blade. For the price of 2 blades, u can get a new cutter with blade.

The clinker is great. Really clean cuts. Has a little blind spot on it but its easy to work around. Will do 600 tiles no bother, if you want to cut bigger than that, your going into a different league of cutter

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to motorised or manual in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB