Discuss Mr T has left the building in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I don't know why you're all blaming Jonny, it's Neale who took him on for a few days and brainwashed him into thinking he could be a tiler, shame on you Neale :)

Exactly. Flipping Neale the to$$. :lol:

All joking aside , he was sort of keen to soak info to a degree but could not take criticism at all , then he had a friend to back him up (Ian ) , that is when IMO he got brave and started to troll.

As mentioned many many times , they come they go but chancers do get peeps backs up.

G

Gazzer

He was nothing like he sounds like on here. Very quiet and what ever I gave him to do , he just got on with it.
In a real world situation if someone were to offer him an apprenticeship then I think he would do well.

What work he did do....which was a small floor and 3 small wall areas/grouted and some priming was what was expected from him. Yes I had to explain a few things and pull him up on a couple of things.
Reading now that he has completed 4 jobs for friends and family , i would be very concerned about the quality or even methods used. There was no way he was ready to tackle anymore than a splashback or a small flat floor on his own.

J

jonnyc

Exactly. Flipping Neale the to$$. :lol:

All joking aside , he was sort of keen to soak info to a degree but could not take criticism at all , then he had a friend to back him up (Ian ) , that is when IMO he got brave and started to troll.

As mentioned many many times , they come they go but chancers do get peeps backs up.
Dave,I actually had no problem with him chancing his arm to get started .tiling isa very strange trade to me .Amongst us there are timed served old school apprentices,college course plus work experience ,plumbers and kitchen fitters that tile as well and then others who think they can become professionals by their own endeavours.
the latter are hardly a threat to a professional in the infancy of their chosen field.
mr t and I are , or were the latter and so are many others I know now after many years in this trade.
the problem I had with him was that he was forever asking advice without thinking about the question he was posing. And when he was given advice by some members here who were incredibly patient he did not seem to take this on board.
If I had this forum in the 80s when I was a mr t I could have reduced the pain,lack of earning and time it took me to get to a reasonable level by many fold.
In the end I just thought he must be having a laugh at members who were really trying to help him.
i was probably wrong and although i thought there were parallels between us ,in reality we are poles apart

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Dave,I actually had no problem with him chancing his arm to get started .tiling isa very strange trade to me .Amongst us there are timed served old school apprentices,college course plus work experience ,plumbers and kitchen fitters that tile as well and then others who think they can become professionals by their own endeavours.
the latter are hardly a threat to a professional in the infancy of their chosen field.
mr t and I are , or were the latter and so are many others I know now after many years in this trade.
the problem I had with him was that he was forever asking advice without thinking about the question he was posing. And when he was given advice by some members here who were incredibly patient he did not seem to take this on board.
If I had this forum in the 80s when I was a mr t I could have reduced the pain,lack of earning and time it took me to get to a reasonable level by many fold.
In the end I just thought he must be having a laugh at members who were really trying to help him.
i was probably wrong and although i thought there were parallels between us ,in reality we are poles apart
Very well put.

Reply to Mr T has left the building in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I fixed some mosaic the other day, long, thin strips in a 300x300 mesh cut in to two, and used...
Replies
Views
Hi all, As per the title, my tiler has grouted the internal corners of our new shower enclosure...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a homeowner living in the Metro Vancouver area in British Columbia. I am currently...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m not an experienced tradesperson by any means, so wanted to pose a question on...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB