Discuss Mubarak has resigned!!! :-))) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I was watching the news this morning and it said that the military would be doing something today.. didn't think Mubarak would resign though..

Well done to people power hey!!

Yep, he slinked off to Sharm el Sheik and his resignation message lasted around 30 seconds.... :lol: after 30 years of the most corrupt rule .... and nybor, at least we don't get tortured and thrown into some rotten cell for years on end, and we do have pretty free press, elections, social services, disabiity benefits, unemployment benefits, the Egyptians have never had any of all that, ....etc, .... ob boy, this is such good news for all countries under dictatorships...

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Yes, tricky now, but boy do I wish them well, the defence minister who is still in charge ain't no sweetheart either, but people power combined with international pressure, well, I just hope it's good news in the long run .... I don't think people will be oppressed any longer to the same extend. That is the trouble with the middle East, the oppression of the people that gives these countries such a bad reputation, but the simple people, like everywhere just don't have a chance for a better normal life fit for the 21st century, until now, what a breakthrough!!!

U

user123

Lets hope they dont get someone worse or it could be a cadse of better the devil you know

That is so English!!!... expecting the worst with the finger on the moan button instead of celebrating the incredible news of today. The Egyptian people will not stand for any more oppression now, facebook and twitter did not only help during this young peoples' revolution, but also helps to open people's eyes to how different and unresticted communication can be. I also believe it will make big difference to Islamic attitudes, amongst themselves how they want to be perceived and from outside how these countries are just full of normal if repressed people! It will become more liberal, Saad himself tells me how the attitude of his neighbourhood has changed for the better towards him and his family over the last few weeks, everyone there believes in a new positive start, I believe it can happen. Also the international fear about Israel already now I find fascinating, we mustn't forget that the Palestinians who have been trapped and utterly mistreated in the Gaza strip for years, while Israel has been helped along by America as has Mubarak - are also Muslims, and the example the Egyptian people set that things can happen in a peaceful and well organised manner will give a lot of people something to think about. I am really excited about all of it, at last some good news on the news. :)

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

S

Scott

That is so English!!!... expecting the worst with the finger on the moan button instead of celebrating the incredible news of today. The Egyptian people will not stand for any more oppression now, facebook and twitter did not only help during this young peoples' revolution, but also helps to open people's eyes to how different and unresticted communication can be. I also believe it will make big difference to Islamic attitudes, amongst themselves how they want to be perceived and from outside how these countries are just full of normal if repressed people! It will become more liberal, Saad himself tells me how the attitude of his neighbourhood has changed for the better towards him and his family over the last few weeks, everyone there believes in a new positive start, I believe it can happen. Also the international fear about Israel already now I find fascinating, we mustn't forget that the Palestinians who have been trapped and utterly mistreated in the Gaza strip for years, while Israel has been helped along by America as has Mubarak - are also Muslims, and the example the Egyptian people set that things can happen in a peaceful and well organised manner will give a lot of people something to think about. I am really excited about all of it, at last some good news on the news. :)

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

I am English? and for one i dont have my finger on the moan button! There are people there who clearly didnt want the change and those that did. Situations like that can easily end up as a civil war or with a worse leader who can control his forces. That is my point

Reply to Mubarak has resigned!!! :-))) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Bedrock Tiles are proud to announce some seriously climate, complimenting news that we have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mubarak has resigned!!! :-)))
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.