Discuss Mubarak has resigned!!! :-))) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Let's just enjoy this day to celebrate, eh? I am reminded of my own signature tune here....

The people who did not want the change are very much in the tiny minority in that country, the only people who really benefitted from the regime were the police force and some very crook judges, I would not want to be any of them now! Just now I was skyping with some friends outside Alexandria whose business dealings with Cairo was suffering during the demonstrations and who were very worried about everything and now they can hardly believe it was successful, and are deliriously happy - to rain on their parade with worrying without knowing the determination of the people now, no, I won't do it or hear of it.

These people have often simply not dared to hope that anything could change, to have freedom now is incredible. And, the good thing in this case is that alcohol is not an issue in Egypt, fights don't break out there because people are drunk and out of control, if they do, again, they are in the minority - this was a sober revolution, the thoughts what to do with their future will also be sober and optimistic, not a bad state to be in. :)
Also the influence of well educated middle class people and business people is felt here, people will want to enhance their prospects, not thrash them. Before long they will insist on freedoms like buying and selling on the internet for example, of making permissions to phone connections to other countries available to all, freedoms we take for granted, they know about all these things that have been stopped in the past, and they want them. Yes, there will be hiccups for sure and nothing is ever plain sailing, but any future person in charge will know that he will be watched very carefully. If there was any time when there were grounds for hope for improvement within at least society onour planet, this is it.

Reply to Mubarak has resigned!!! :-))) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Bedrock Tiles are proud to announce some seriously climate, complimenting news that we have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mubarak has resigned!!! :-)))
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.