Discuss Multi-Room thermostat?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

p4ulo

Hi guys,
I'm planning 2msquared of UFH, WARMUP (or similar) loose wire in my bathroom, (on concrete slab in flat, so insulation boards, wire, slc, ditra then tiles on rapid-set flexible adhesive.

And.....2.5ms of UFH WARMUP (or similar) loose wire in my kitchen, same set up, with ungraded natural welsh slate on the top.

So, I'm thinking, is there a multi-room controller I can position in the hallway (rooms nearly opposite) that I can control both floors from, or am I just over-complicating things? TBH its a very warm flat in the summer so probs won't be on much in the kitchen.....

Any ideas??
(I'm only thinking of WARMUP cos I've got a TOPPS trade account, or I might even buy it off Ebay...!!)

U

Uheat - Keith

General information:-
a) Areas installed with Electric UFH need a controller/programmer complete with a Floor Sensor.
b) Control of more than one Cable or Mat over more than one area would need the two or more cables/mats to be joined together in parallel in a low level service box. Lot of wiring if the areas are some distance away from each other.
c) Most programmable thermostats have the air sensor built-in to the face of the controller.

The issues you would have are as follows:-
w) Most people would have a Kitchen and a Bathroom on at different times and at different temperatures, if you think you would be happy with the same temperature and times, not a problem.
x) Wiring as above.
y) The position of the floor sensor will have an impact on the heating, as this will switch the heating on/off at times. If the floor sensor is in the Kitchen this will have a bearing on the temperature in the Bathroom etc.
z) If the two floor finishes are different, this will also have an impact depending upon position of the controller & floor sensor.
Hope that is of some help, warm regards,

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Multi-Room thermostat?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all I am going to be tiling a kitchen floor soon in 600x600 polished porcelain . I will be...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
P
So, I'm doing my own floor, and for the first time I'm putting wire underfloor heating over...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB