UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss My day was pants too!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wivers

I know Grace's had a bad day so i thought i'd make him feel better and give him an insite into mine.

My day started at 4am this morning when i was awoke by a huffing and puffing and moaning coming from next to me. No it wasn't Gaz having a nightmare, i was infact my wife telling me that she thinks she's getting contractions.

After 2 hours of more huffing, puffing and plenty of wind it, was plain to see she was not in labour.

As it was now 6 am and i was due to get up a 7 i thought it not worh going back to bed so i had breakfast and left for work.

I got in my lovely sparkly freshly sign written van and went.....nowhere.

My lovely sparkly freshly sign written van was broken!! Yes it was as much use as a carpenters record in Fekins music collection! Radio working, lights working, everything working, apart from the bloody engine, that wasn't even attempting to turn over!!!! BLOODY RAC VANS!!!!!!!!!!

Back upstairs i went like a sulking school boy to get the car keys and i transfered all of the days tools into the car, and spilt half a bucket of primer over the back seat!

Set off down the road to work when i realised halfway that i'd forgotten a cheque that i needed to pay in urgently!!! ARGHHHH.

I drove all the way back to my place to pic the bloody thing up again when the fuel light decides to come on in the car!!! WHY DOES MY WIFE DRIVE IT ON %^^&&*&&^& EMPTY!!!!!!!!!

Back off to work i go again.

First stop the job i did last week, where i have to patch up a couple of snags, and get told off by the painter for leaving a turd in a bucket on the skip!!
Apperently the bucket had fallen off the skip when they tried to add some rubbish to it, and it had just missed his boot.

Next stop the bank to pay in the cheque, but they tell me that i have to drive another 5 miles back on myself if i want to find the branch where the cheque will clear by close of business today!! I HATE BANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now to get to my next job which is an outside balcony floor.

Arrive there to find that i have left their door keys in my van....which is at home......which is f-in miles away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

Phone the customer and he says he'll be there in 45 minutes.

Customer arrive's i go in set out and begin to lay the first row of tiles...........yes you know ........god decides to open the heavens up and have a laugh at wivers expense. So i clean up my tools cover over the tiles and wait for the rain to stop...and i wait.....and i wait... and i f-in wait.....and wait!!!!!!!!! 2 hours into my parking metre time later i'm still waiting, and its blatently obvious nothing is going to happen today, so i leave to come back home again.

On my way home i get a call from the mrs telling me that i have a 60 quid fine come through the post for driving in a bus lane........... ... ... ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Get home and try to ring back the customers that have called today for estimates only to find that my little red book i keep all the numbers in has disapeared, and can't be found anywhere......................................................................... please tell me things will be better tomorrow!!!!???

G

Grace'sDad

get told off by the painter for leaving a turd in a bucket on the skip!!
Apperently the bucket had fallen off the skip when they tried to add some rubbish to it, and it had just missed his boot.

:lol::lol::lol: Brilliant - simply Brilliant!

I had a nice poop in a bucket last week while working on site with Andy S Tile from this forum. Can't remember what I did with it though!

D

davy_G

Wivers, that makes me smile on a sunday when im off to grout up 3 kitchens and 3 bathrooms!
I thought id a bad day when i left my mixer balancing in a big bucket of water. New house, carpeted, top of stairs with dust sheets everywhere. As i was walking back to the ensuite I heard a woosh of water as the mixer couped and the water cascaded all over and down the stairs, i didnt even curse i was that annoyed with myself. Just got the sponge out and did what i could!

Any sign of the baby yet, i know its not the same but another one of my cows gave birth yesterday morning, lovely heifer calf ( thats female to the non-farmer folk). Its pedigree and will has to be called something begining with 'D'. Any ideas??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to My day was pants too!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.