Guest viewing is limited

Discuss My driving ban questions? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikebidd

I was banned in december for totting up and thinking my "motor trade" insurance covered me on anything until i got pulled and the vehicle was an import which meant i wasnt covered!

Any way whilst waiting my turn too go into court there was right grotty chavs going in with No license No mot No insurane No tax and getting 100 fine and 3 month ban. So i thought id walk it. my turn comes i said i worked etc My punishment £1500 fine and a 9 month ban!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that advert where the bloke looses his license and he goes all deppressed looses hi job etc IT really is like that.

Any way now things are getting a little better for me i could really do with my license as it would enable me too work alot easier.

Does any one know if i can have the ban shortened?????
I know its a long shot BUT beteen you lot theres not alot you dont know aboout:thumbsup:

S

SandyFloor

That definitely sounds like a harsh fine. I got to 12 points about 7 years ago ( 9 points in 1 weekend A66). I hired a lawyer from Penrith to handle my case. I kept my license and got a £275 fine. Lawyer cost about £400 but it was worth it. I know what you mean by the 'characters' you see there who seem to treat court appearances as a lifestyle. Really miserable experience. Mind you I've been the model driver ever since.

The only suggestion I can make is to call a lawyer and inquire. That shouldn't even cost you anything. Would reckon it's the kind of thing that needs to be dealt with at the time but I'm not a lawyer.

O

Olz

You can appeal again the sentence if you want, you have 21 days to lodge the appeal and the sentence will be considered by the crown court, who my either decide themselves or tell the magistrates to re consider, in which case either can keep it the same, decrease it or increase it.

A quick google suggested that the penalty for no insurance is 6 points, did you already have some points or did you get more for something else as well, if the minimum for no insurance is 6 and you already had enough for the 6 to take you over the maximum for a ban i would think you pretty much flogging a dead horse. If however you got 9 for no insurance, and already had three so got banned you might get them reduced to 6 avoiding the ban if you see what i mean.

And im not sure you get legal aid for traffic stuff either so you might have to pay for a solicitor if you plan to use one.

The only other way to avoid the ban is if it will cause undue hardship, though youd have to show you were basically absolutley and properly down and out without your licence.

Reply to My driving ban questions? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've taken on the task of tiling my own kitchen, and before I wreck everything and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My driving ban questions?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.