Discuss my first real tiling (dont laugh) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fluidthegreat

013.JPG 012.jpg 030.jpg 038.jpg
this is my first real tiling and it is hard work lol, the walls are all over the show but still i know its not a perfect job but i think its looking ok. Just wondering if anyone has some knowledge or tips that could help me in the future please (setting out) :lol:

cheers

lewis

I

Ian

Lewis, ready mix is fine if the walls are nice and flat....plasterboard walls are the best for ready mix. As the guys say slow drying powder mix if you are having to build the tile out

It's no good in wet areas, the only place I would ever consider using ready mixed gear is on a kitchen splash back. No walls are perfect so using a cement based adhesive all the time will cover any issues, such as having to pack out. Wouldn't you agree?

D

diamondtiling

Lewis, ready mix is fine if the walls are nice and flat....plasterboard walls are the best for ready mix. As the guys say slow drying powder mix if you are having to build the tile out

And how often do you get nice flat walls? about as often as Osama Bin Laden used to be seen in tescos' buying crossaints and the sunday paper, (and that chance is now zero) ditch the DIY stuff and stick to bagged, you will encounter far fewer problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to my first real tiling (dont laugh) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
my first real tiling (dont laugh)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.