Discuss my first real tiling (dont laugh) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
After a few bottles of Stella all walls look flat.
Preparation? Go to Tescos, buy a 24 pack of Stella. Give Bin Laden a wave. :hurray:

Actually - if that is your first tiling - thats a good job. In fact it would be good if it was your 101st job - hence lack of criticism on this thread for anything except using dispersion addy and drinking Stella on the job. :lol::lol::lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Setting out looks sound, not sure what other options were around the door area to get rid of the bit of a slither up the side there but it does look sound as it is IMO.

I think I'd have ripped out that skirting board thing near the ceiling though - or whatever it is, doesn't look right in a picture to me, perhaps it doesn't look too bad in real life? Seems strange to have not bothered unless it does serve another purpose?

D

diamondtiling

Setting out looks sound, not sure what other options were around the door area to get rid of the bit of a slither up the side there but it does look sound as it is IMO.

I think I'd have ripped out that skirting board thing near the ceiling though - or whatever it is, doesn't look right in a picture to me, perhaps it doesn't look too bad in real life? Seems strange to have not bothered unless it does serve another purpose?

I think you will find its called coving Dan............:lol:

Reply to my first real tiling (dont laugh) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
my first real tiling (dont laugh)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.