Discuss My Latest Transformation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sean fsy

Customer was very specific on this job, Now that im Bathroom installing aswell as tiling i thought i would share this full installation with you. The full lot was to do. The tiles on this job were 1000mm x 355mm tiles, and on the floor black opal gulfstone tiles 400 x 400mm. Job was to include strip all old stuff out of bathroom. Remove soil stack, cap off and fit AAV. board where stack had been, No pipes to be seen or boxing so all pipes routed under floor, replace old floor boards, re route towel rail pipes to accomodate new stainless steel one, Also to install one of my speciality recessed ceilings with led,s in the uprise, Fit new Jacuzzi bath and all new utopia furniture with moulded in sink. Also to replace old fan with icon fan with delayed shutter. Back moulds to be removed and square edge trim used instead.

Will do the before pics first then after ones.:

DSCN9849.jpg

DSCN9850.jpg

DSCN9851.jpg

Let work commence:

DSCN9855.jpg

DSCN9860.jpg

fitting6.jpg

S

Sean fsy

Not sure about the setting out along the window wall, slivers upside the unit and on the sill ? It might be the pictures but could it have been set out different ?

The room Measured 1.7m x 2m exactly. so on the bath side with the tile central it left 350mm cuts either side of the tile, (dont forget these tiles are a metre long!) so on the window wall 2m long its only two tiles wide so it looked better to centralise the window thus leaving 500mm cuts either side of the full tile, so this joining the 350mm cuts from the bath side gave a 850mm size tile combined round the corners. every other way in wich they could be fitted to the window wall looked pants.

Reply to My Latest Transformation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My Latest Transformation
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.