Discuss My Mapei trial begins tomorrow in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I went on my monthly trip to Porcelanosa in Peterborough today to get my supply of addy, only to find when I got there that their 50,000 sq.ft warehouse was empty! I asked in the showroom what was going on and a lady said to me 'we're merging with another branch and only order products in now' (are Porcelanosa in trouble?). So I went to the local Tile Giant and used my new card and bought 10 proflex white and 5 grey. I'll begin the trial tomorrow and see what I think. For those of you who haven't got the arms discount card, it really is worthwhile getting. To put it in perspective, these two products cost less than the equivilant toppfix gear with the card!

Mapei.jpg

I

Ian

So I did a 3 metre floor today, used the grey for the hardies and white for the trav. Very smooth, goes down well and has very good grab. I was pleasantly surprised by the pot life and when it does start to turn it gave me plenty of notice, unlike some that just go off in an instant! All in all very pleased and will be using it more regularly. Would still like a slower setting flexi white for a similar price, however the pot life helped out with this a bit. A score of 9/10 (the lost mark is because of the double mix, 5 mins of poor productivity!)

I

Ian

Nice stuff.... I love Pro-flexible (Mapeker to some of us). Glad you got on with it.

So Bri, are you a Mapei convert now then?

I think its fair to say I am! Only problem is my nearest tile giants are Lincoln, Nottingham and Peterborough (all about 60 mile round trip). I'll buy the adhesive in bulk but, grout and trim etc I'm going to have to stick with BAL as it's not really practical to keep one of every colour in the van!

Reply to My Mapei trial begins tomorrow in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

J
Hi I have just grouted my newly fitted ABK Reworks Multi Beige 600x300 Porcelain wall tiles...
Replies
Views
jazzhands
J
A
I am tiling the following floors in my house renovation and was wondering what the views are on...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
Hi all i did job last year it was about 100 metres of 600x600 porcelain from porcelanosa in a...
Replies
Views
F
Hello everyone. I am over here in the USA, but noticed, when googling for info on Mapei grouts...
Replies
Views
Mr Tiler
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My Mapei trial begins tomorrow
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.