Guest viewing is limited

Discuss nano coated tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

i recently tiled i friend of mines kitchen floor he got his tiles from a tile shop in liverpool that i recommened to him as i knew i lad in there who would look after him it has been going for 25 years and had a good reputation in the city. anyway after me tiling the floor and it looking great my friend wanted a dark coloured grout i.e.black to match his worktops but his tiles were cream ish coloured i tried to talk him out it but it was what he wanted and fair enough.these tiles had on them that they were nano coated and after phoning the shop up and asking did they need sealing they told me they didnt so i began grouting. nomally i will grout most of the floor (15sqm) before washing it off but after grouting about 3metres i tried to wash it off and grout had stained the tiles:yikes: after phoning the tile shop up they straight away supplied me with new tiles so i could chop the stained ones up and replace them they also give me 2 tins of ltp sealer to give it 1 coat of sealer but my friend gave it 3 coats as i was going on holiday for 2 weeks and after starting to grout again when i got back yes you guessed it they stained again :yikes::yikes::yikes: and to make matters even worse the tile shop i had recomended to my friend had stopped trading when he went down to see them :mad2: . so my friend has ended up with some his tiles still stained and no new ones to replace them he says he will be happy now to use light grout now if we can replace these ones but i cant get hold any........love jobs aye!

Last edited:
Some people will just not listen to good advice!! What kind of tile were they? Eg. Ceramic/Porcelein

Have you tried cleaning the stains with any problem solving products? Eg. Aquamix Nanoscrub? Maybe best to get a sealer removing product, and some more sealer too.

If your stuck with the tiles, and some are already grouted, it maybe worth a shot before you give up on the black grout idea.

Last edited:

Reply to nano coated tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

liverpool

Thread Information

Title
nano coated tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.