Discuss natural stone bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

boxhead

hi everyone,ive got my first stone bathroom so ive got a few questions and would appriciate some advice;1.the floor is of solid ply, do i use a flexy addy straight onto the floor or would it be better to use an uncoupling mebrane then the addy. 2. the bath will be sunken above ground in a wooden frame which i have not seen yet,i take it there will be movement,should i use the uncoupling membrane again around the framework prior to tiling and finally 3. the tiles will have to be cut with curves aroud the bath am i right to use a hand grider and if so what type of cutting disc.thanks for your help guys.:huh2:

D

Deleted member 1779

Assume the bathroom is upstairs and on timbers / joists. So the bath is sunk and held in a frame.
sunken_bath.jpg

Assume the tiles you will cut are hidden by the lip / edge of the bath so they dont need to be perfect.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to natural stone bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I'm 6 months in being a tiler, I've done lots all my life and sold the dam things for...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB