Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Naughty Painter!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Got to site to finish job today and customers Handyman who was a builder said can you show me what you are doing to the floor....He was a bit off with me, so he came into the house and i showed him and he was fine!!! Then around 10am customer said to me how long was i going to be as she needs to go out...couple of hours i said!! So she called the handyman and the cleaner in and in front of me said...Make sure all of the marks have been removed and its highly polished...Now I'm ready to put tools back into van and clear off as i thought 'Here we go Hassle'!! But No i carried on and finished the floor. Waited around for 1 hour for customer to come back and when she did called the handyman in to voice his opinion...I'm getting really fed up now. He said it looks amazing and the customer was chuffed to bits with it :thumbsup: I said to the customer i thought she was going to be hassle, and she said that i have had so many so called tradesman do jobs and the standard was very poor so they are very wary about people they don't know...So she said she will call me back in a year to do it again and recommend me to her friends :hurray: This customers property has a 30 acres of formal gardens..8 full time gardeners, two people to maintain the house, and two full time housekeepers..So it pays to keep your cool and bite your tongue sometimes. :lol:

S

Scott

Got to site to finish job today and customers w...So she said she will call me back in a year to do it again and recommend me to her friends :hurray: This customers property has a 30 acres of formal gardens..8 full time gardeners, two people to maintain the house, and two full time housekeepers..So it pays to keep your cool and bite your tongue sometimes. :lol:

But was she fit?

E

enduro

Hello Enduro

Lovely finish - was this Travertine ? Is there any difference between Stone Gloss Powder and Crystalising Powder.? We have done a bit of this up to 800 grit via a large rotary machine but never with Stone Gloss Powder

Any thoughts ?
Stone gloss powder you use with water and is a lot easier to use.
Crystallizing you add a chemical and can be quite tricky to use, and if you get it wrong it looks awful.

E

enduro

Thanks enduro

Please advise if this stone gloss powder is like a diamond paste ? and also what type of hand held machine did you use - Maybe a photo when you have a mo.

Just keen to learn something new -

Thanks
Richard

:drool5:
It is a powder you sprinkle onto a wet floor and use a white pad on a rotary, once you have a shine wet vac it up and clean the floor with water to remove any of the solution, then once the floor is dry buff it up with a dry pad.

M

macrylinda1

Who laid the floor? Im just interested...or as Dave says nosey!

Pebbs
Not sure if i can see the scuff marks from the sander in the pics, can I ask if he told you what grit he used in his attempt to remove the marks?:oops: looks like a very nice job mate, I take it that the seeing as the tiles have only been down 3 weeks you did it:thumbsup:, did the decoator do the papering?

A

Aberdeen tiler

that was some spill:yikes:

first rule of decorating.............you can never use too many drop sheets

ALWAYS use CANVAS dust sheets,seriously when I see painters using those cheap and nasty cotton twill see through sheets I just laugh.

A canvas dust sheets will at the very least give you "reaction time" to lift the sheet and have nothing show on the floor beneath.
On a cotton twill sheet forget it,as soon as it's spilt it's through the sheet.

I am shocked how many decorators skimp on such an obvious necessity and pay a dear price later down the line.

Canvas sheets are not much dearer than crap cotton ones so if you know a painter give him a heads up.

T

Tenchman

At least you knew how to fix it.

we had a church floor a couple of years ago Victorian geometric & encaustic nice floor, listed building which i was put in for by the conservation officer.

church thought our quote was too much accepted quote off a terrazzo firm who came in a stripped the top off the tiles and caused criminal damage.

took us two weeks to fix the floor, priest was sent to far flung place for being a dope.:lol:

Reply to Naughty Painter!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi there First time poster - have had a tiler come and do our kitchen floor in terracotta...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Naughty Painter!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks