Discuss Need a new Dewalt water pump - any ideas? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

I've had my DW2400 for 2 years and it's always had a weak pump.
I keep it clean - always in a bucket using fresh water rather than in the table, but it's always been inconsistent with it's power.
Ideally it's just enough to cool the blade but more and more recently it's barely a dribble out of one nozzle.
I've stripped and cleaned everything - hose included.

Do you think it's possible to get a stronger pump i.e. for a fish tank?

O

One Day

I'm an idiot.
I had a spare hour on Friday so stripped it all back down.
Ended up shining a torch down the small swivel elbow which the hose terminates onto before reaching the blade housing. In there was a piece of porcelain which was lodged and was acting like a butterfly valve!
Took some fishing out but once I cleared it - it was perfect.
Celebrated by buying a fresh Dewalt blade. Happy days again...

And the porcelain was definitely from the 1st job I ever used the saw on.
Black titanium glaze porcelain.
:mad2:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Need a new Dewalt water pump - any ideas? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi Everyone, First time I've tried tiling and I'm having problems getting the tiles to stay up...
Replies
Views
guys i need to replace the water pump on my saw i phoned nearest dewalt service centre they...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to view my thread and hopefully you experience gents and...
Replies
Views
S
C
Wet Vs Dry polishing, which is better? We get asked this daily. There is really no definitive...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T
J
Dear Tilers, I'm desperate for some advice from someone who may have made the same mistake I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB