Discuss Need advice please - tiling "poor" ground floor concrete floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Any advice gratefully received on tiling a concrete screed that is according to the builder not in great condition. It had a ridge down the middle from a wall (originally two rooms) and distinct areas where there had been a toilet pan and soil pipe. So the builder has hacked off the ridge and laid self-leveller to the floor. It now look OK to me, but he said it's not got a great DPM and is not very thick screed over the sub base. So he was talking about a decoupling layer.

We also have the decision of electric UFH as well.

I've considered a brush on black DPM under a board like No-More-Ply. Other suggestions are to use Marmox Board or Ditra.

There is 35 mm max under in inward opening patio door.

Any advice gratefully received.

T

TJ Smiler

How thin? I argued this with a builder for the whole of last week. His screed was 15mm thick and mixed ratio 4;1, i told him it was to thin and it wont hold, he told me he has done loads of screeds that depth and have all been fine.................. By the time we stopped arguing at the end of the week the screed had failed and i was enjoying his failure and enjoying telling him what a plank he is.

If the screed is thin (say less than 50mm then i would take it up and latex it with a fibre reinforced SLC.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Need advice please - tiling "poor" ground floor concrete floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB