Discuss Need an offcut of Tilesafe - pleeease in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Syd

Hi,

Just 'enjoying' the experience of fitting Tilesafe for the first time (and posting on here for the first time too.)

I foolishly copied their video instructions and then when I came to clear up noticed that on the written instructions they had put a sticker updating the installation method - put a 2mm bead of jointing compound between the linear trough and deck (Novellini). Makes sense. So, their video is wrong - and so am I for not double checking with the written instructions.

I cannot afford for this installation to fail, so want to remove the existing trough and patch in a repair membrane, need a bit about 750mm x 600mm ideally.

Unfortunately, the supplier (CCL) only have 5m2 sheets and say they have no off-cuts and that I will have to pay £130 for it. (They say what I've done 'should' be fine. 'Should' doesn't quite do it when any remedial work could cost thousands later if I get this wrong.)

Does anyone have a spare offcut?

My other option is to pay for a 5m2 roll and try and Ebay the 4.5m2 I don't need.

By the way, be careful of the reinforcing tape if fitting this product - my 10m length was only 7.5m (the extra 2.5 roll they normally supply was missing) AND the scored release paper was so badly scored they had cut right through the bitumen and through the release paper on the other side, ie, long holes right through the part where you really need the waterproofing in the wall/floor corners! When I phoned about this they did send 10m FOC.

Not sure I want to use this product again...

Anyway, if anyone has 750 x 600 offcut, please let me know, I'll pay you!

Thanks.

(Copy of post I put on SXXXfix as I need this asap)

S

Syd

Hi and thanks for the welcomes.

Barry, I read somewhere (on this forum?) there can be a problem with the membrane coming away from the trough with time if the trough/it's seating is 1 or 2mm higher than the floor it is supposed to sit on. This 'mastic gasket' they now recommend definitely makes sense, as the more the trough is pushed down (from the membrane above), the more it compresses the mastic below, hopefully keeping an effective seal if there is any movement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Need an offcut of Tilesafe - pleeease in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm having problems finding a tiler who knows how to use Kerdi board. I've had a few...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I haven't been on here in ages ..apologies for that.....time goes so fast. But I hope...
Replies
Views
p4ulo
P
D
The guys at Hansgrohe have made life great for clients but difficult for installers. There is...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Need an offcut of Tilesafe - pleeease
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.