Discuss Help ? I need an independant assessor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

silver

Thanks Steve, yep you words back up my thoughts exactly.
I have still to hear from either the customer or the Plumber or even see their insurers report as I was promised. But anything could happen yet ....
The customers last comment was to say he would have to go through trading standards if I don't offer to "replace the cracked tiles" ... no matter who pays (guess he was going to pay himself to avoid upsetting his business associate plumber friend ?)
So I told him that I thoroughly understood and if it helps him ?? ....I offered him more copies of my before and after pics of this job should he need them and also pics of the "other issues" on two other jobs I have had with the plumbers and applicable customers addresses too .
So ... its still a watch this space
Thanks guys for your help and support.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Thanks Steve, yep you words back up my thoughts exactly.
I have still to hear from either the customer or the Plumber or even see their insurers report as I was promised. But anything could happen yet ....
The customers last comment was to say he would have to go through trading standards if I don't offer to "replace the cracked tiles" ... no matter who pays (guess he was going to pay himself to avoid upsetting his business associate plumber friend ?)
So I told him that I thoroughly understood and if it helps him ?? ....I offered him more copies of my before and after pics of this job should he need them and also pics of the "other issues" on two other jobs I have had with the plumbers and applicable customers addresses too .
So ... its still a watch this space
Thanks guys for your help and support.
Don't hand out other customers addresses without their knowledge or acceptance first.
That could breach Data Protection Act.
Give them a bell if needs be and explain your situation.

S

silver

UPDATE ...finally
I have received the message via a txt (from the plumber) ....
The tiler, who replaced the tiles has said the walls should have been secured better before you tiled it. It was the same on the other side (he means opposite wall). Ive got to say I've been very disappointed with the way you handled this this job and could of been resolved earlier if you had been willing to investigate the issues instead of trying to pass the blame onto us. Which we have now proved wasn't our fault at all.

This does confuse me somewhat as .....
A) They built the adjoining wall adjacent to the original ...frame and plaster boarded it ...so how am I responsible for securing that ?
B) The other wall was tiled for 30 years prior to tile removal and then me re tiling it. It was a baton / board wall and no movement when I tiled it..... or I wouldn't have.

So I think this is the end to it .... hes fixed it ..... but to the customer .....passed the blame onto me ....
In my mind if he hasn't taken off the board from the "built frame wall" ...this will go again in the very near future
It has no way of being forced inwards ... only outwards via leverage from the shower screen ....so if this hasn't been further fixed ...??
we will see.
At least the customer hasn't pissed his plumber off who gives him his vans to service ! ...which was his main worry for tackling him about it.....oh well.

Thanks for your help and support guys ...you really helped me stick to my guns.... and get through it.

It does however, make you worry about working in tandem again with others.

P

p4ulo

Phew, thank God its done and dusted.
Plumber sounds like a bit of a ~@%$ cos as you say he built the framework and boarded it, so how would you know it wasn't fixed properly??
I wouldn't worry about working in tandem again, just make sure you check what work they've done before fixing over the top of it.
Deffo, that wall they built is too weedy, and should've been regularly fixed to original wall, with noggins too to make is sound.
Oh well.....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help ? I need an independant assessor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB