Discuss Need HELP ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

As it happens I've just fixed the 250x400mm Laura Ashley Cambridge wall tiles this very day!
They are made in England (and that should tell us something) and they are a very porous biscuit indeed with an extremely soft glaze.
I have not seen the actual floor tile you have ie 450x450mm Laura Ashley Cambridge, but if it is similar to other English made floor tiles in the Cristal range they are sold as bathroom floor tiles for use with bare feet!!!!. They do not recommend shoes.
In my experience these tiles are NOT suitable for floors, let alone Wet room areas and I'd have refused to fix them ( which I have recently done when pointing out to the client this useage). Check the boxes for class of resistance/area of use and you may well find this tile is NOT suitable for the purpose purchased.
The colour change would be a water ingress from either the joint - through the grout - or through the soft glaze!

T

TPW

me thinking you may have a leak and being waterproofed the water cant go anywhere normally its just the edges of the tile that change color (picture framing) but for the whole tile to change means the back of the tile is saturated take it the tile has a brown biscuit back . does the room have a walk in shower and did you use a puddle flange

pics would be better

The tile has a red biscuit and it is a wet room and the whole room was water proofed correctly with a tanking system, there is a electric underfloor heating mat installed as wel, could this be a problem ? how can water be getting to the back of the tiles ? when they have been grouted ?

J

jay

grout is not waterproof and if no puddle flange fitted any water that goes through grout or gaps has no were to go due to waterproofing then it is absorbed into biscuit of tile and normally on cheaper tiles changes the color
would help if you could give us a run down of instalation method starting with sub floor and then listing what was done next ie cement sheet or w/p or ufh and materials used best bet is a pic of whole effected floor were water stop bars use hope this helps

jay

Reply to Need HELP ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Need HELP !
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.