Discuss Need to get speed up!!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Estimate about 4, 4.5 days andy.........is that slow?

Tiss a bit slow....but like others have said. .more you do quicker you get..

I don't use battons when tiling....I find that slow if im using basic ceramics with a good non slip adhesive just draw a level line half way round the room and tile down then tile up to the ceiling. ..try to keep your work space tidy. .use decent cutters....nibble into a bucket all this saves time at the end of the day..

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Honest opinion when your speed is up you should be taking no more than 2 days to tile and grout 16m2,on a bog standard ceramic job I can do that amount in a day, for speeding up first off have your tiles out of the box stacked and ready to be fixed, second spread adhesive to the area you are comfortable fixing within 15 mins ,thirdly grouting should not take too long 1-2 hours on a 16m2 bathroom.

M

m3fitter

Estimate about 4, 4.5 days andy.........is that slow?

:yikes: wow !! hahah hmmm.. think you need to work longer hours to reduce the time... you should aim for rectified wall tiling a minimum of 8-10 sq.metres a day grouted, 16 sq.metres on average ( not all ) should be within 2.5 days completed...., an experienced tiler would tile / grout in a long day say 12 hours, medium experience a day and half, but obviously depends on tiles / substrates / borders / adhesive used etc.etc..

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
:yikes: wow !! hahah hmmm.. think you need to work longer hours to reduce the time... you should aim for rectified wall tiling a minimum of 8-10 sq.metres a day grouted, 16 sq.metres on average ( not all ) should be within 2.5 days completed...., an experienced tiler would tile / grout in a long day say 12 hours, medium experience a day and half, but obviously depends on tiles / substrates / borders / adhesive used etc.etc..

Why in the gods would anyone work 12 hour days.
Work to live, not live to work.
I'm very comfortable working 5 or 6 hour days 4 or 5 days a week.**** working long hours days, it's a mugs game [emoji106]
To the thread starter , why worry about speed ,do whatever your comfortable with, as long as it's a good job , another day won't hurt anyone and if it does,tell them to sod off [emoji41][emoji106]

M

m3fitter

I'm very comfortable working 5 or 6 hour days 4 or 5 days a week.**** working long hours days, it's a mugs game [emoji106]
To the thread starter , why worry about speed ,do whatever your comfortable with, as long as it's a good job , another day won't hurt anyone and if it does,tell them to sod off [emoji41][emoji106]

:yikes: Wow 5-6 hours a day !! Maybe that's why ' Its Grim up North ' :lol:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester

I'm with you on this one......as long as I can earn enough to live on and a bit put by for a rainy day then stuff the rest......deffo more to life than work..:thumbsup:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I'm with you on this one......as long as I can earn enough to live on and a bit put by for a rainy day then stuff the rest......deffo more to life than work..:thumbsup:

See Andy, I knew we would agree on something mate [emoji7]
Totally and utterly agree mate.
my best mates dad ( my second dad) a brickie by trade,taught us our work ethics [emoji1]when he sadly passed away 5 years ago,his swan song at the crem was ' I don't like Mondays '

Reply to Need to get speed up!!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently an A-Level DT student. My project involves me making a product for my...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB