Discuss Needing help!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paul83finlay

HI I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO AND LET ME KNOW WHERE I STAND. THE JOB IS A 32SQM KITCHEN FLOOR. THE TILES THAT WHERE ON THE FLOOR HAD ONLY BEEN DOWN 2 YEARS AND ALL WERE LIFTING, SO THE CUSTOMER WANTED THEM TAKING UP AND RETILED. I WAS GOING TO LIFE THE OLD 9MM PLYWOOD BUT WE DECIDED THIS WAS NOT GOING TO BE VERY EASY AS IT WENT ALL THE WAY UNDER THE UNITS. SO WE DECIDED THAT I WOULD PUT SCREWS AT 100MM CENTERS ALL OVER THE FLOOR THEN PRIME IT WITH BAL BOND THEN I LAYED THE GENISIS G-MATTING SYSTEM. CUSTOMER VERY HAPPY WITH THE JOB BUT NOW THEY HAVE PHONE ME TO SAY THAT THE TILES HAVE A CRUNCHING/ CREEKING NOISE WHEN YOU WALK OVER CERTION AREAS. I HAVE BEEN TO HAVE A LOOK, AND THIS IS THE CASE. TO LOOK AT the FLOOR THERE IS NO SIGHT OF GROUT CRACKING OR TILES MOVING BUT WHEN YOU WALK OVER CERTION PARTS OF THE FLOOR YOU CAN HEAR THE CRUNCHING/CREEKING NOISES.

I TILED THE BATHROOM UPSTAIR AND THE ORIGINAL FLOOR THERE WAS A FLOITING FLOOR SO THAT WAS REMOVED AND I PUT DOWN 40MM WEDI TILED BACKER. THINK THE CUSTOMER WAS THINK WHY DID I NOT DO THAT DOWN STAIRS.

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT ON THIS ONE.

CHEERS

PAUL

D

DHTiling

Hi Dave I contacted genisis today, still waiting to hear back.

where do you think I stand on this job getting it sorted? Feel like I have done what I have done on other jobs and never had a proplem before. Spoke to a friend thats been tiling for 25years and he hadn't heard of something like this either.

You have not adhered to BS 5385 standards and comps like this will ask on your prep and materials used.. if you have not worked to this standard then they will just wash their hands.. but still worth getting someone round to see.. IMO you will need to remove some tiles to see what has failed either the fleece to membrane bond or adhesive to membrane or membrane to floor..

Reply to Needing help!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Needing help!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.