Discuss new bathroom, floor, in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

we are going to put insulation under actual floor so is there still any need for insulation boards?
It helps to reflect the heat up into the tiles, what it costs you for the insulation boards and extra fixing material, you will more than make up for in cheaper running costs within a few months. But yes insulate underneath as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

we are going to put insulation under actual floor so is there still any need for insulation boards?

Think of it this way, if you dont use insulation boards you will be heating the wood up as well as the tiles. Wood will move with changes of heat. By using Insulation mats you will be keeping the heat above the floor and up into the tiles.
As Russ says, the cost of the insulation will pay for itself in the long term and you will get quicker warm up times.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to new bathroom, floor, in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
We are looking for flooring for our new kitchen, lounge and hallway and would like to use LVT...
Replies
Views
ben_gee
B
We had a water underfloor heating installed and tiled over. 3 months later we noticed many tiles...
Replies
Views
Amethsyt
A
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB