Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss new cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Nice sweets.
Fair play Diatech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321394868.004854.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 96
I

Ian

All joking aside, I used to have problems with my tx1200 and it was Gary who gave me a couple of hints and tips on how to get the best out it, tightening the allen bolts at the ends of the rails and using meths on the cutting wheel regularly, since putting these tips into practice I've had a much better relationship with it. I did think it was an overpriced under engineered tool when I first got it, then I learnt how to use it properly!

I bought a new 1200 sigma today from Diatech and sold my old tx 1200 to another tiler :smilewinkgrin:

I spoke with David just after you had placed your order Gary:smilewinkgrin:

He said you'd been on for your Sigma - It's what you feel most comfortable with that counts mate, the fact that you have dropped down a considerable level of quality from Rubi shouldn't bother you mate, each to their own:lol:

S

Spud

well the sigma 3 em arrived today and I was impressed with the build quality and ease of setting up ,the guage ruler clamps along the length of the machine for ease of storage during transportation and it clamps on the base of the cutter for cuttting purposes, it can be set at 15 degree intervals from 45 to 90 degrees and on test cut absolutely perfectly square when cutting a 1200 long tile at 80mm width no bowing or bending of the line either which was my biggest bone of contention with my old tx
The cutting handle was light and easy to use and the nylon feet are a good idea to stop marking of the tiles the support arms work well but with 4.8mm porcelain it tends to bend a lot so the tile needed extra support if I was cutting a 50mm cut of the short side of the tile but on 10mm I dont think it would be a problem
point to point cutting is the only slight downside of any single rail cutter but as i use a single rail 900 and 750 i know that once you have used a single rail cutter for a while you get to know the points to aim at this problem becomes less of an issue
marks out of 10 would be a strong 9 out of 10 and it it much better value for money than my old tx 1200 n

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a new 1200 sigma today from Diatech and sold my old tx 1200 to another tiler :smilewinkgrin:

My sympathies are with you and a black armband will be worn during a minutes silence for such a heroic and selfless act to give someone else a truly rewarding future with your Rubi.
I just hope that the guy who has your Rubi truly appreciates the wonderful life he will have till the day he finally hangs up his prized possesion. His good old tx1200.
I salute you, sir.:lol:

Reply to new cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Plazma cutter causing SPD failure?? Discussion ThreadPlazma cutter causing SPD failure...
Replies
Views
Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being...
Replies
Views
I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone. I've decided to come off the tools for the foreseeable future and take some...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm having trouble finding any decent stockists locally. I've got a Topps very near, plus...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
new cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%