Discuss new discs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

these came today, been searching for good quality diamond discs at reasonable money think I may have finally done it

Attachments

• 20130504_004929 (1280x960).jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 169
S

Spud

right you impatient sausage jockeys I have a review for you and have done a video which is uploading to you tube , I ran these dics along side some discs Alan from ATS sent me to trial I tested them on some topps tiles stratum anthracite porcelain tiles and on some porcel-thin 4.8mm tiles and some 400x250 glazed ceramic
The first cut I did was with the 41/2 inch cera speed disc brand new straight out of its packet , it was run on a dewalt 110v grinder and to be really honest it wasnt a really great first cut, the blade bounced on the tile a bit as it cut in to the porcelain but was no better than the beava turbo cut blade which was on the grinder belonging to Ian one of the lads that works for me , the surprise of the day I that ATS sent me a superb cutting disc which looks like a marble cutting blade but cut the tile far quicker than both the turbo blade and the ceraspeed disc and with less chipping , the next cut on the thin porcelain came out better , the cera speed did give a decent cut but again gave a slightly chippy edge which could be just mean the blade needs wearing in a bit it was outperformed by ATS new blade on the thin porcelain so i decide to run it through a house brick to see if it improved and then ran it through the ceramic tile the results were the same and I have to say that i wasnt that impressed with the cera speed that I would buy them in the future BUT it is early days and i will run all the blades I tested against each other today for a month and do a video in a months time to see which ones are perfoming best then
I hope this is a fair and honest review and I will put the youtube link up when it has been uploaded cheers Gary

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to new discs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Looking to get a couple of new disc's for the DW and always used stock Dt 3734 - 25.4cm...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm about to lay some antique 6"x6"x 0.5" ceramic tiles, all clean and dry, onto...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB