Discuss new floor in barn / garage ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tomo13

Hi. Have a guy that we are doing some work for that wants a new floor laying in a farm building that he has that he wants to turn into a garage. Concrete floor at the moment, no damp proof. New floor will be going on top of that. Whatever the new subfloor is, is going to be about 4" thick. Doesn't know yet if he wants tiles or slabs (sandstone I guess) of some sort. I can tell them what I would prefer. Would you just go with concrete with bar in or a sand/cement screed ? Thanks

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Hi. Have a guy that we are doing some work for that wants a new floor laying in a farm building that he has that he wants to turn into a garage. Concrete floor at the moment, no damp proof. New floor will be going on top of that. Whatever the new subfloor is, is going to be about 4" thick. Doesn't know yet if he wants tiles or slabs (sandstone I guess) of some sort. I can tell them what I would prefer. Would you just go with concrete with bar in or a sand/cement screed ? Thanks

if it doesn't need insulation then I'd go for self compacting concrete. If it needs insulation I'd go for 60mm insulation and 40mm flowing screed... Either way I would put a 1200gauge DPM between the two to stop rising damp.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to new floor in barn / garage ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB