Discuss New From Phoenix Arizona in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi, my name is James Woelfel. I am a third generation tile contractor that lives just outside of Phoenix Arizona. I am Vice President of Artcraft Granite, Marble and Tile, my dad is still the President of our company, he has been doing this since 1956. I am President of the NTCA(National Tile Contractors Association) here in the U.S., the NTCA is the largest tile contractors association in the U.S., I am also Chairman of the NTCA Technical Committee. We put together a reference manual called the NTCA Reference Manual(pretty catchy name....). I also sit on the TCNA(Tile Council of North America) Handbook Committee and the ANSI(American National Standards for Installation of Ceramic Tile) Committee, and by default sit on the ISO committee as a representative of the United States. I have always been intrigued by the way different countries install tile and if there are national standards for each country like we have in the U.S.. I joined this forum in order learn more about how tile setters(installers) and tile contractors install tile and compete in the business in different countries. Let me apologize if I screw up vernacular while I try to learn from the people on this forum. Thank you for your patience in advance and I will do my best to answer your questions about the way tile is installed and contracted in the United States.

Last edited:
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

hi james should be intresting in some ways you are years a head of our tta in tile fixing about even but years behind on the changes going on in the tile world. never in my travels have i come apon such a group of tilers so set in there ways .you dont need to use a diamond wet saw for every cut on porcs:yikes: and there are tiles bigger than 2ft x2ft:yikes: look forward to some good banter :8:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New From Phoenix Arizona in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
My contractor installed Venatino Polished marble tiles this week. My wife and I noticed that...
Replies
Views
Be the Best with BAL! The importance of correct training should never be underestimated. As the...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
C
Hello Everybody I need advice please from Tilers (Bathroom / Shower Installers) who were...
Replies
Views
My name is Phil. I have been "setting" tiles - "fixing" you would say - for over 42 years. I am...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB