Discuss New Google Image Search in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

It seems the TTA website is a favorite for people to lift pictures from. It's one thing to have 'stock' photos on your website, I mean i have some on this page Colour Republic | Pre-Purchase Home Buyers Report in Brighton and Hove | East Suusex but it's quite clear i'm not passing it off as my work (well they're not those sort of photo's but you get what I mean).

I've found my images on others websites but sometimes I don't mind as it's in a blog post or something where it's been used to show a style. Sometimes the poster will include a link back to you website or if they haven't I ask them to. But as soon as you put it in a gallery or portfolio you are implying it's your work and that is wrong IMO

C

Colour Republic

It's funny as I have just started to go through my website and watermark my pictures. People can still nick them and crop to size so the watermark is gone but it does make it a little harder.

It's just a bit on added security, if someone wants to nick it they will but hopefully they will burgle next door instead.

high_gloss_white_kitchen_red_glass_splashback_1l.jpg

S

Stewart

It's funny as I have just started to go through my website and watermark my pictures. People can still nick them and crop to size so the watermark is gone but it does make it a little harder.

It's just a bit on added security, if someone wants to nick it they will but hopefully they will burgle next door instead.

high_gloss_white_kitchen_red_glass_splashback_1l.jpg
I Like it.... where did you get the watermark software....?

C

Colour Republic

I Like it.... where did you get the watermark software....?

I didn't. It's done in photoshop. You could use anything that allows to to edit an image and set ocpacity. I just overlaid with my logo and reduce the logo ocpacity to make semi transparent.

I was going to make it much larger so it would be imposible to crop the image and lose the watermark but it just ruins the picture. You'd be surprised at how much other data is contained within an image too. If you saved this image to you PC then looked at it's properties you can tell the date the picture was taken, with what camera (and all the settings used such as exposure, iso speed...), copyright...

watermark.jpg

D

DHTiling

G

Gazzer

Well guess what..

I have already had a picture nicked on my first search,... this is a porcelain job i did in Carlton county durham.. got pics directly emmailed from the customer.. and i have found one on this site..

http://www.atlantistiling.co.uk/index_section_6.htm

a
nd my pic on my site..

http://www.davidhowetiling.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/our-gallery/polished-porcelain3.jpg

anyone know this thief..?

If you check all his pics, there are not many that are his.

C

Colour Republic

Well guess what..

I have already had a picture nicked on my first search,... this is a porcelain job i did in Carlton county durham.. got pics directly emmailed from the customer.. and i have found one on this site..

http://www.atlantistiling.co.uk/index_section_6.htm

a
nd my pic on my site..

http://www.davidhowetiling.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/our-gallery/polished-porcelain3.jpg

anyone know this thief..?

Got a feeling that guy is a member here too as the website looked familar when I opened it.

The other one you linked to too, but then they are based in Brighton so I may have seen the logo about locally

D

DHTiling

C

Colour Republic

Yes he is.. not been on since 2009..

View Profile: atlantistiling - tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum

ROWAN JOHNSON

you are shamed as a thief..

Really??? but some of that work has been completed since then so unless he has you all marked as 'favorites' surely he still comes here?

The other one in Brighton is a local store I remember now. Not one I use as it's a bit put of the way. To be fair they are a store rather than installers so not trying to pass it off as there work but it's your image and you own copyright so they shouldn't have used it without permission

Reply to New Google Image Search in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have a question about some cracked grout in my wet area shower, I've attached a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hello Tilers! I am a homeowner in California and I thought I'd come say hi in search of a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
New Google Image Search
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.