Discuss New here. Old problem. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Skater

Hello there.

Hoping to find some advice on a floor issue at home. We live in an early 60s property with no DPM under the slab and I've been thinking of sticking pro backer 6mm waterproof boards over the whole floor prior to fitting our (possibly) engineered wooden floor or tile combination.

We have a vapour issue but no water coming through, have loose laid a room full of polyflex tiles for a year and they are cold and maybe ? only slightly damp to the touch underneath in one or two areas. Another room I have some quickstep silver backed 3mm roll that's been there 18 months with carpet on top with no issues, again cold underneath. Another room nothing under carpet has a dampish smell.

It's about 90sq m and we haven't got extremely deep pockets and don't want to do something that won't work.

The boards caught my eye because they are waterproof. Would this be a water barrier / vapour barrier or just resistant ? Also insulating, which is a real bonus.

Am guessing some arditex NA and water based rapid adhesive onto the slab/bitumen surface (Marley's all came up stuck to the wooden block tiles that had been laid).

Am I thinking straight ? What are the pitfalls ??

Thanks in advance.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New here. Old problem. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB