UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss New here so please be gentle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

confusedyouwill

Hello everyone,
I found this site while trawling for info about terracotta tiles. TBH my head is spinning, trying to decide what to lay on my kitchen floor. About to ask for some advice in the Stone Tile section.
I'm a keen (female) DIYer, and can't wait to get cracking, once I have decided what to use, where to buy it, and what to use to lay it! I'm also an avid money saver, and ALWAYS shop around for the best deals and prices, through necessity more than choice. Money's too hard to come by to waste it. Saying that I still like quality.
I'm looking forward to receiving some good advice here.

B

bugs183

Hi!
If you've never laid these before i'd suggest you use 'standard' (slow) drying adhesive. Terracotta is a law unto itself, and you may need to jiggle around with spacing etc as not all the tiles are true for size.
Always butter the backs of the tile and comb the floor with a minimum 10mm trowel. These tiles due to how they are made can be bent on the back, you need to make sure they are firmly bedded into the adhesive.
Always work cleanly, change the washing off bucket regularly with clean water, wipe any trace of adhesive off the tops of the tile as you lay.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New here so please be gentle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm looking for some advice from the experts and hope you can help. I've just had a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Last time I posted here I was having a first attempt at tiling the walls in a shower...
Replies
Views
Waluigi
W
C
Hi all, I'm not much of a forum poster, and am also new here to this one. Additionally, in...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.