Discuss new job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

i started prepping a bathroom this aft for my nephew then i seen the tiles, 400 by 250 ceramics supplied with granfix tubbed adhesive. the tiles are only about 7mm thick and the travertine border they supplied is 12mm thick. i sent my nephew back with the tubbed addy and asked if he could choose a thinner border to match the field tiles. they exchanged the tubs of addy for bagged but said that i'm being too fussy over the difference in depth of the tiles, the 'tiler' working in the shop said i should just put a bit more adhesive on the tiles next to the border. i'll have to go to the shop in the morning as i know it's going to take longer with that border regardless of which way i go around it. any suggestions ?

M

Mike

you could put a listelo trim top and bottom of the boarder
the border would still be standing proud of the field tiles and i think it wouldn't look good even if thought of as a feature. i'll try get the border changed for a similar size. i've had small variances in the 2 before which i've got over by using different size notched trowels but this is obviously too much. thanks for the replies and agreeing with what i thought :thumbsup:

Reply to new job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Good morning, i took voluntary redundancy that kicks in at the end of September. I did a home...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm sorry its another bad job or not thread. We've been having our downstairs toilet...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
new job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.