Discuss New kitchen diner extension project - large format tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 51481

Hello, the island could move as we're not template or fitting the quartz end panels until the tiles are down.

As for tiling after the kitchen fitting for the l -shaped section, unfortunately the tiles won't be delivered until after the kitchen has to be fitted if we want it ready for Xmas. So surely plynths over the tiles will be ok but not sure about a 900mm cooker and 900mm fridge freezer. Would you pull them out and just tile front visible section?

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Oxfordshire
As said I would always tile under appliances.
I also agree with Waluigi regarding fitting the kitchen.
As a full time Kitchen/Bathroom fitter it’s not always as easy as it looks to get things spot on.
Having the right tools and skills to get the final finish is what makes a good kitchen great.
Expensive quartz worktops on badly fitted units, packed out because they are poorly levelled is not a good look. (Not saying you do not have the skills to do this, I hope you can pull it off,)
Good luck with whatever you do. Looks like it’s going to be a great project

Reply to New kitchen diner extension project - large format tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views
Hi - this looks like a really great forum and I’m hoping I can get some advice. We have a...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

DIY Tiling Advice Forum

Trending DIY Tiling Forum Threads

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
New kitchen diner extension project - large format tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
DIY Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond