Discuss New member in need of some help/direction in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

leeh

Afternoon all. I have been tiling for 5 years now following a course i done over 4 weeks,I didn't get a huge amout out of the course. so worked 7 days a week for a couple of years to build up my confidence and speed to take the jump into full time (self employed) tiling. Main reason for my post is I'm trying to obtian my cscs card. With having no real qualifications this is proving quite difficuilt. As i work for myself i (don't think) cant be assesed on jobs i'm doing.Does anyone have a magic wand!!!!!!.

Thanks

G

Gazzer

Your basic CSCS card is easy to obtain. Just contact your nearest centre and book the test. That will give you the basic card. You then need to get working to obtain your NVQ2 which then entitles you to getting your experienced worker card. once you have the basic card you will be allowed on site but these days they want to see an experienced worker card or proof that you are working towards your NVQ2.
That said by the time I have typed this, they probably have changed the rules. Different building companies take the CSCS card different too...some dont care and others are over jealous IMO.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Phil consider myself to be a bloody good tiler which means you must be God of the tiling world!!!!!. had a look at some of your jobs on youtube via your link, simply perfection. Great work mate. Also anyone reading this in Scotland that has done victorian or geometric tiling and needs a free pair of hands so i could to gain experience would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers leeh, for the kind words, sorry I have just found this. My laptop has been acting up, I wish you well, I hope you stick with this fine forum. You will meet some fantastic people and pick up loads of tips, I learn something new on hear, at least once a week.:thumbsup: Hope to hear from you soon mate, good luck:thumbsup:

Reply to New member in need of some help/direction in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys. My son, 16, not enjoying school or college has been working with me for a bit of money...
Replies
Views
alice james
A
  • Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hello all I’m looking some of these tiles in picture I changed a bath last week bath was chased...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
New member in need of some help/direction
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks