Discuss New member looking for work/ help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deke Furniss

Hello too everyone i have just signed up for this site, hopefully it will help me a little in furthering my experience in the trade. Well i have just completed a ten day course at the Yorkshire Tiling Academy in Bradford. I am currently working for an electrician and have done for the past four years.Tiling has always been a passion of mine so i saved up for the course and purchased all my own tools and my own van. I have done odd jobs for people i.e tiling a porch and a bathroom and i am really wanting too make this a permanent job. So i am writing this thread too see if there are any companies with vacencies, or any help and advice would be grateful thanks alot .
Deke

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:Deke.
The reality is its difficult out there for new businesses in the present economic climate, and if you wait around too long for that job offer it may never come.
There are some great threads on the forum for finding work and if you cannot find them just ask a particular question and you'll get lots of reples.
10 weeks is a basis for the introduction to tiling - so don't try and take on too big a project too soon/without asking for advice. But you are about to embark on the best job around so enjoy your stay and remember the more posts you type, the more the forum has to offer.:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to New member looking for work/ help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have just had someone tile my front path but to me it looks a little odd, but no idea...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, it's my first time here and I'm desperate to solve this problem. Can someone please tell me...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
New member looking for work/ help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.