Discuss New member of the family... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

I thought I would show you my 4 year old cats and a couple of snaps of the new addition, a stray tabby that I have taken in (he still looks a bit tatty)

P1020022.jpg
This is my big male cat Filthy

Pics werty 029.jpg
This is his little sister Fur Ball

The Babies 003.jpg

The Babies 004.jpg

And this is the stray, Grubby. I took this pic about 2 mins ago, I think it has been a long time since he was this comfy

The Babies 005.jpg

U

user123

Awh, I like Grubby best! HOw good of you to take in a stray, he'll love you forever :) They are so very different from our cat, more cat like! :lol: Ours is not convinced if he should be cat, human or dog, but knows himself to be lion, for sure :) That's ours, he adopted us, the previous owners said we can have him, they didn't like him that much. He's a big cat, lean and fast, but very furry and very cuddly. We just love him and he us :) December phone 2007 067.jpg Took that picture last December on one of our walks with him.

R

Rich

What a good looking cat! I know what you mean, my 2 are nothing like normal cats, fur ball (the tiny female) plays fetch and Filthy (the big male Phil for short) is only hap when he is being carried around the house like a baby... As long as nobody is watching that is. Grubby is coming on but has a long way to go. He doesnt seem to have had any human contact, doesnt purr or play or anything but he is getting there slowly.

U

user123

We have 3 now and not a mouse or rat in sight !! and we live in the countryside too.

This hunting malarky is hard work just now, ours is bringing in a live mouse or live bird nearly every morning just lately, he demands to be let out around 3:30.. groan.. and then comes back an our or two later with a present... usually we manage to save them, even got a little ready made bird/or mouse hospital, with grass and birdfood... :lol: but it's amazing how he can run up the stairs with a complete mouse, unhurt, in his mouth with only the tail poking out. We let them go in the field overlooking on the cliffs behind our house, but sometimes we get there too late and he eats the birds, leaving nothing but a few feathers. Doesn't touch blackbirds though. Scaringly fast. Never scratches or bites though, he's kind of a supremely confident relaxed cat now, very different from when he first came to us.
the hospital with a recovering patient... :lol: DSC00146.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Our youngest cat Sophie, has taken to collecting moths to play with. The other day a moth flew onto the window cill next to Sophie, then flew to the other side of the window, where her older sister Kiara was sitting, Kiara caught and ate the moth. Then Sophie went ballistic, and chased Kiara all round the house, I thought it was funny, Sophie was saying " you nicked my moth":lol:

U

user123

I wish Domino would eat spiders, we get loads of them, big ones, when it rains, and he just sits there watching them and shaking his foot in disgust. Won't touch moths either, just birds and mice. A bit puzzled about frogs, not sure what to do with them. Di you kow that when a frog is scared it covers his eyes ad squeeks? I never knew that until we had a cat that was playing about with them a bit, really odd and endearing.

R

Rich

That is such a good idea, Filthy my male is a hell of a hunter, or at least he was up until he had a major operation on his leg. He made it into the veterinary text books, he was the first cat to ever have the muscle detach itself from behind the knee. He was a celebrity for a little while but he had to have his leg chained to his hip and be confined to a cage for 11 weeks (not easy with a male cat), cost me £3500. He is just getting back to full strength now which means lots of bloody birds, bats, mica and rats. He got a huge great pigeon in through the cat flat once, I have no idea how!! Fur ball the female plays fetch with cotton wool buds and screwed up receipts, when she if finished with them she hoards them. She also likes birds feathers, the male cat catches birds and brings her a feather. I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. The problem is that she gets very upset when I have to throw them out. Her record is 38 feathers in her food bowl before I have thrown them out, my girl friend thinks that she was trying to make a head dress :lol:

U

user123

View attachment 30639 View attachment 30638 View attachment 30637 View attachment 30640
Lovely photos of your cats heres mine 18 months ago I had none, and now I have three, and when they have their mad half hour its like having a herd of buffalo on the house. I am still teaching the kitten to do take offs on drawings shes already got the hang of scale rulers, but her handwriting needs a bit of practice.

Pebbs

They are all gorgous and are looking very comfy there :) It's a love thing...:)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New member of the family... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

K
Hi all new member here, I'm a tiler from Glasgow. Been tiling for eight years now & just taken...
Replies
Views
The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP
T
M
I went and visited the Gemini factory in Torrance California last week. Finally got to meet...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Hello everyone i am a new member,i have done tiling in my house about a 2 years ago and people...
Replies
Views
Diamond Pool Finishers
D
J
PICKED UP SIR RAMICS GREAT THREAD ON KNEE PADS . FOR US TILERS WITH 15-30 YEARS ON OUR KNEES ON...
Replies
Views
Perry
P
R
This is our new family member Alvin. He's a french lop.
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
New member of the family...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.