UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss New member in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brick_man

Hello all, I am a 2nd generation brickmason and had never considered laying a tile until 6 yrs ago when I went to work for a university here in illinois. Now I cant get enough information or training on the art of tile and am always looking for advice on the proper way to build something using tile, oh and tools also. We don't do anything huge or to detailed 4 1/4s, 6s and 12s are our most common used sizes. Starting to rebuild showers now ( we have about 4,000 of them on campus with just 3 of us doing the rebuild on them. They are built on varying substrates block, drywall, some walls built with wood some with metal studs which I am discovering is NOT the way they should be built, none of them have any kind of waterproofing membrane behind them so it usually calls for a total rebuild. Anyway I enjoy doing tile and any kind of training or advice I can get from seasoned pros. Thanks for letting me participate in this forum.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New member in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views
Hello friends. I am looking for a bit of advice, you would be so kind. I have been a long...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.