Discuss New Member in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

As you can see there are two different types of rooms . Type A , carrera marble stretcher bond walls and floor , with 100x100 in shower enclosure. Type B rooms are done with metro tiles and floors are 900x145 stretcher bond again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    993.7 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    955.2 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    959.8 KB · Views: 33

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Thanks for the pictures!

I have to be honest and say neither A or B is my flavour. Metro tiles not only feel a bit clinical and cold but remind me of horror films based in crazy hospitals or something, and the marble looks so dated. Buuuuut like with any decorative finish, I'm usually not with the trend and it's always personal preference eh.

Thanks for the pictures!

I have to be honest and say neither A or B is my flavour. Metro tiles not only feel a bit clinical and cold but remind me of horror films based in crazy hospitals or something, and the marble looks so dated. Buuuuut like with any decorative finish, I'm usually not with the trend and it's always personal preference eh.
I think the designers are trying to keep with the tradition of the hotel . Your right it's no everyone's cup of tea .... Old fashioned !

We've just done 2 Carrera bathrooms very similar in a large private property - client wanted them to look like a Gents toilet in a Manchester pub her parents had owned! - remaining walls were panelled and painted 'elephants breath' by F&B. It was teriffic, in vogue and contemporary .
These photos provided by this new member are IMHO - Quality!
That you very much for your kind comments sir .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New Member in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
G
Hope you are well, We are a new supplier for sealant operating in the central London. As of...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB