Discuss New phone soon, suggestions? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
apple have screwed up the music app.

Unless youre online it's now rubbish. Buttons don't work unless you've subscribed and if you're somewhere with no wifi and not a strong signal (the times you usually need your music more than ever) most features don't work and buttons have been replaced with said features so it's actually made it have less functions.

With that in mind. I'm due a new phone soon. And wondered if anything else has actually ended up as intuitive and useful as the iPhone.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I would stick to 8.3 or whatever it is that doesn't have the upgraded music app mate. It kills it unless you're always with wifi/4g. And even then it's not worth the money. And if you don't subscribe nearly every button you click says sorry only available if you subscribe.

Next / previous song buttons have been replaced with other things like like button and whatnot. So I'm yet to find a way to skip a track without tapping power button then scrolling up the small notification panel. But you don't know the name of the song etc

Anyway. I'd wand a mint battery life, awesome camera, wireless charging maybe, NFC, and then everything else is an app ain't it so it's the same on all phones I guess.

Looks like it'll be an android although I do prefer IOS. But needs must.

O

Old Mod

Talking about phone irritations! :D
I love the fingerprint option with iPhone, u can open ur phone, sign in to iTunes, buy stuff on Amazon and now of course use Apple IPay! Wicked!
However!!! With this bloody job we do my thumbprint on both hands changes a little every 3-4 days. Splits, heals, gets cut or whatever, so I have to reset the fingerprint every few days!
Now that's annoying!!!! Hahahaha

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Must admit I've yet to really look into the new music thing, I just play my existing stuff I've put on.
Don't think I can justify money for the music unless I got family sharing subscription.
But why should I pay for everyone's music! Haha
Daughters 21 she can pay for her own haha
I only play my music. But that's what I'm saying. It renders that useless.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

the best mobile phone any tiler can have is one there clients do not have the number for you need to be tiling to earn money not being stopped every 10 minutes for things you could answer at the end of your working day .so one phone for family only. one for clients who can leave a message that when you get home have your dinner get your dairy out you then ring back in a relaxed state and dont end up saying yes just to get them off the phone just so you can get on .if they dont leave a message they were time waster any way dont waste your working time talking to time wasters .the phone is just a tool use it like you would any other .it works for you .you dont work for it

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I would go for cat s50 mainly for that reason
BATTERY

Type:Non-Removable Lithium Ion

Capacity:2630mAh

Talk-Time:Up to 16 hours

Standby Time - Single SIM:Up to 33 days
Never even heard of that and just looked it up. First thought that's not for me he thinks I'm a tiler still.

Then I read about it. And it looks fairly good!

Product details
Android · 4.7 inch screen · 8 megapixel camera · 4G LTE · 185 grams · 8 GB · Quad-band · Unlocked
The S50 is waterproof and the screen can be used even with wet fingers. It's scratch-resistant, dustproof and can withstand more than just a few bumps and scrapes. It also has a quad core (1.2 Ghz) processor running the version of Android (KitKat) with access to Google Play meaning there is no compromise between performance and protection. Whether it's being used on the slopes, on a bike, up a mountain or on a building site, the S50 copes with anything that's thrown at it. No matter if it's wet, cold, dusty or dirty, nothing compromises the S50's high-end smartphone performance... not even a drop onto concrete. Complementing the durable design features, the S50 boasts performance enhancing audio technology for unparalleled sound performance developed by Waves, a recipient of a Technical Grammy Award. This provides a better listening experience even outdoors, for everything from playing games, watching movies, listening to music or using online voice communication. Following on from the best-selling cat B15Q rugged handset, the S50 boasts a faster processor, bigger screen, improved standby-time and improved imaging and connectivity capabilities including an 8MP camera and 4G compatibility.« less

I think I do want waterproof, and really loud speakers, adding to my wish list.

But I also perhaps want wireless charging. And bigger memory than 8GB as I keep nothing personal in the cloud.

I'm wondering if it takes external sd cards I didn't spot anything about it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
the best mobile phone any tiler can have is one there clients do not have the number for you need to be tiling to earn money not being stopped every 10 minutes for things you could answer at the end of your working day .so one phone for family only. one for clients who can leave a message that when you get home have your dinner get your dairy out you then ring back in a relaxed state and dont end up saying yes just to get them off the phone just so you can get on .if they dont leave a message they were time waster any way dont waste your working time talking to time wasters .the phone is just a tool use it like you would any other .it works for you .you dont work for it
You're always going against the grain lol
Glass half full kinda bloke I like it.

But I'm a web developer and those notifications I get usually mean income for me. So battery life for lots more notifications is handy. And awesome reception. And good music too. As we work to live not live to work.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New phone soon, suggestions? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Just a quick lesson you could learn from me. I upgraded the operating software on my MacBook...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, Just to advise that RUBI have just launched an App...
Replies
Views
RubiUK
R
C
im hoping to gain a bit of expert advice from some other trades men on here.I have been...
Replies
Views
Hi there First of all, I am VERY happy to have found this forum, as I have been pulling my hair...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB