Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss New wet cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

Viceroy

TF
Arms
Sunderland
A

a4drk

Theres a make called "QEP" which seems to be B&Q's own brand - (not 100% sure.)
The replacement 180mm blade is a QEP one & is the same as the one that came with the Versatile cutter.
I dont think the blade is very good. - (£18)
Is it worthwhile spending £42 on a Macrist one ???? - Are they worth the exta money ? - anyone ?
QEP also do a "Turbo cut" one which is the same grooves / shape as the macrist one.

David

A

albyshellshear

Re: New wet cutter ?

Hi guys - 1st timer on this forum.....

I've got a Plasplugs Contractor Plus - Had it now for 5 years and its been great. However, 120,000 miles on & I reckon it will fail its next MOT.
its starting to cut squint - so i am just drawing a line right across the tile & eyeballing the cut / lining up with the blade.
and
its overheatd & cut out on me a few times - need to leave it for 20 mins to cool down.
anyway - what should I replace it with ?
I've tried the cutters with the external water trough & i dont like them - they spill a lot of water.
So, ideally, one with an internal water trough
Most pro tilers knock the Plasplugs cutters - but i really like(d) mine.
I would buy another one in a minute, but as you all know, Plasplugs have gone down the swannie.

Dont want to spend any more than £150 if I need to

Any thoughts?

David
:helpsmilie:
cant go wrong with a norton clipper tt200em internal tray with drain plug extra blade and comes with a case for storage all for less than £130 delivered

Reply to New wet cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
I searched but did not find an answer. I been advised to get a wet tile cutter, I plan to cut...
Replies
Views
Anybody used rubi nd180 smart ? Just bought the wet cutter from tile giant but i hate it! It...
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B
Hi all I am looking to purchase a new wet cutter and after reading the forum it seems the RUBI...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
New wet cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%