Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Newbie. 1st floor and need grout advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PaulieBoy

Hi.
Just completed my 1st floor tiling job in my hallway. I has a few stressful moments during the install however I'm quite pleased with the outcome. One problem was the concrete floor obviously wasn't level, something I found out once I'd laid over half the tiles. My main problem and one I need advice for is the grout. I think i've cleand it up to deep and it seems pretty uneven in places (see pics). Will I be able to mix some more grout and apply directly on top of what is there or will I need to dig it out and start again?
Tiles are porcelain 60x30. 5mm gap and I used Bal rapid set wide joint grout?

Note to self....Book onto the N.E.T.T course before attempting next job!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1774.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1776.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1777.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 132

Aspect Tiling

TF
Arms
Nice job for 1st attempt. The grout issue is not that vissible from the pics but if you feel it needs doing again I would suggest removing the existing grout and re-do. If you don't you may find that it wont last long. Best to start a fresh.

Make sure to remove all the old grout, ideally with a fein multimaster/bosch all rounder. If not a grout scraper and a stanley will do the trick but with a little more elbow grease.

P

PaulieBoy

Hi PB,

Welcome to the Forum. Nothing to add to the good advice above. Except I can highly recommend the Course at NETT. I did a 9 day course back in February. Tracey and Darren who run the centre are great to deal with, and Mick the tiling instructor has a wealth of experience and a great teaching style.
Nice floor by the way!

Steve

Thanks Steve. I was there a couple of months ago and had a look around. I just need to find a free week to be able to complete it. I can't wait!

Reply to Newbie. 1st floor and need grout advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Newbie. 1st floor and need grout advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.