Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Newbie Here! 5 Day Tiling Course Completed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

I like your site Dave , very impressive, as the others have said, get it spelled checked as first impressions count

another point that others are touching on is trying to run before you can walk, there is a lot to tiling, much more than can possibly be learned on a 5 day intensive course

your site gives the impression that you have long experiance in fixing stone etc, theres nothing wrong with giving a good and proffesional impression. no one expects you to post that your entire experiance is 5 days as that would be foolish and damaging to your reputation

but far more damaging to your reputation is taking on a job that is beyond your experiance and getting into trouble, that could kill your business before its had a chance to fly

so promise us Dave that you will take this one step at time and grow your business in line with your experiance

mike

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I like your site Dave , very impressive, as the others have said, get it spelled checked as first impressions count

another point that others are touching on is trying to run before you can walk, there is a lot to tiling, much more than can possibly be learned on a 5 day intensive course

your site gives the impression that you have long experiance in fixing stone etc, theres nothing wrong with giving a good and proffesional impression. no one expects you to post that your entire experiance is 5 days as that would be foolish and damaging to your reputation

but far more damaging to your reputation is taking on a job that is beyond your experiance and getting into trouble, that could kill your business before its had a chance to fly

so promise us Dave that you will take this one step at time and grow your business in line with your experiance

mike

Mike I couldn't have said it better, I applaud anyone starting out on a new career, I am in no way anti-course, everyone has to start somewhere. However I do feel some very poignant observations have been aired in this thread.

The fact that I have been tiling for 43yrs. and as yet, don't have a website. Tells me I am doing something right, My clients seem to like what I do, and pass my name on, I think it can be misleading to the general public to profess to be experienced in any trade after five days training.

All that said, I hope Dave does well, and wish him every succcess for the future. I hope this dos'nt upset anyone or contravene any forum rules. I am very passionate about my trade. I think many members of this forum, may understand what I am trying to say.

D

daveadams2k10

Hi,

Thanks very much for your feedback.. I have realised that im trying to sprint before i can crawl. Im gona have to re word the website and plan to gain more experience before i start marketing the website.

Im glad i posted this as i have had time to reflect over the weekend which direction i want to go in. I have decided to try and find a Professional Tiler and see if i can work along side him for 6 months - year. If there is any Tilers in my area (Brighton) that are looking for some help then please PM me.

Once again thanks for all your comments, they have been a real help.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi,

Thanks very much for your feedback.. I have realised that im trying to sprint before i can crawl. Im gona have to re word the website and plan to gain more experience before i start marketing the website.

Im glad i posted this as i have had time to reflect over the weekend which direction i want to go in. I have decided to try and find a Professional Tiler and see if i can work along side him for 6 months - year. If there is any Tilers in my area (Brighton) that are looking for some help then please PM me.

Once again thanks for all your comments, they have been a real help.

Very wise decision Dave, it's a pity you are not in my area. I think you have the makings' of a good tradesman. to take constructive critisism, without taking offence speaks volumes' about your character. I wish you the very best of luck mate.:hurray::thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Deffo a good choice/move Dave..

The points made by the members are wise ones and it is good to have this feedback and all in a friendly manner as well.:thumbsup:

It is good to have a good site with plenty pics etc and these will come with experience as you take on jobs.

So try not to deceive your potential clients and word the site saying what you offer.. you do not have to say your are new to tiling but it can be worded to say how well you operate your business and the service you give etc.

Sell your self with no bull..:thumbsup:

Reply to Newbie Here! 5 Day Tiling Course Completed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Beginner Tiling Courses 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Day Tiling Courses? These are brilliant for a DIY...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Newbie Here! 5 Day Tiling Course Completed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks