Discuss Newbie, remodeling en-suite and family bathroom... in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

project damager

Hi Everyone

I am new to the site, project manager (buyer / facilities manager by trade), love the site – I have spent a couple of weeks reading posts – fascinating stuff!! I particularly like the posts with photographs, showing progress / work done – really helps to understand…

I recently had a heart attack (early January) and I am taking time off from work part recovery / part er indoors with big list of jobs!!:yes:

I am going to rip out and replace and renew my Ensuite and bathroom…

I have had quotes from various “all in” contractors and have decided to DIY… I will hire a plumber and electrician but PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT AT ME… I have decided to do the tiling myself! I enjoy tiling, actually find it therapeutic and I am not in any dramatic hurry so I can take my time and get it right.

I have pretty much sourced all my white goods from Bathstore – January Sale!

I have gone for a Ceramic Travertine effect tile 31.6 X 45 tile, laid (is this the right word?) in a building brick fashion – hopefully to look like large natural stones. The floor tile is 45 X 45.

Actually, they are a Topps Tile Product but I have found a supplier in the midland at half price! Nice for you guys if you get to supply the product or you tell the client you can get a bit of discount from Topps - nice bit of margin! Let me know if you want details and I will post a link.

I am going to need some support from here, if you guys don’t mind…

I think I have read every “floor” post here and I just want to be absolutely sure…

I have chipboard T & G flooring, some will have to come up for remodeling of pipes and services. I am planning to:

Re-lay T & G

Fix 12mm plywood over / screwed down along every joist at 300mm

Then lay floor tiles on ply, flexable adhesive - fast flex?

Is this OK?

Also, I have to make up and fix a box section in the corner for a large vanity unit I “rescued” from a previous "la di dah" project in Notting Hill. I am going to use tanalised 3 X 2, 12mm plasterboard, primed in ardex 51?, then tiled…

Is this OK?

If I feel brave enough I might even post photographs…

Thanks a lot for any help advice!

Brian, The Project Damager

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Newbie, remodeling en-suite and family bathroom... in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I've had a lot of help from you guys with regards to a large amount of pinholes in my...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am in need of a pack of a cream/beige tile that I purchased from 'Topps Tiles' approx 10-12...
Replies
Views
Martin Rayner
M
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB