Discuss Newbie requiring advice ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

Thanks very much Daz - funnily enough it was the bloke at Topps Tiles that recommended the adhesive im using as I purchased at same tiles as the tiles themselves...maybe will seek advice on here in future and not from the Topps Tiles boys!
they'll sell you anything just to make a sale, as for the info you've had above it's all good. i use battens myself, and if the windows not quite square i 'square' it with the battens and tile up to them . you can always cut a bit off them after and use them again for the window header

Nothing beats a really good white rapid set adhesive, mixed with water from a boiled kettle - probaly set whilst you hand hold the tile for 5 minutes! I also carry a set of drywall ceiling props and a baton for when it all starts to go wrong!
Coming from a bricklaying background i remember from my college days many many years ago when dealing with frosty conditions that morter that could be mixed with heated water no hotter than 65 degrees farenheit any hotter would be detramental to the properties of the cement.

Reply to Newbie requiring advice ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
First of all, I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times so apologies in advance! A...
Replies
Views
Hi, Is there anyone out there looking for some free labour in the Oxfordshire area anytime...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
C
Good Evening Ladies & Gents! Hope your all well and won’t mind me picking your brains, I’ll...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Newbie requiring advice !
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.