UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Newbie in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul84

Hi all,

Hoping to start tiling in the new year and have been looking around for some courses. The ones that I am interested in are: Chase Tiling and The master tiling school.

What I was thinking of doing is this: Start off with the 4 week course at chase, then get some work in, save some money, gain a bit of experience and then do the 8 week course at The master tiling school.

I just wondered if anybody here had been to or heard anything about the The master tiling school. The 8 week course looks really good, and covers pretty much everything you need to know.

Any feedback or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

C

Concept PHT

Go for Chase Tiling mate.

I gave up a career as a teacher and did the 4 week course there. Haven't looked back since.

Phil and the team are bang on there. I learn't everything you need to know, I couldn't fault it.

I am from Cannock, so I go up there regularly to see phil. Each time I go up, the students haven't a bad word to say about it at all.

All the guys on my course I did have all gone on to become full time tilers, and a few including myself have landed massive contracts with developers and local conservatory/kitchen companies. I still do the domestic stuff too. I have had to take someone on because I am that busy.

Chase Tiling are currently in the process of being accredited by the CITB. That means once they are accredited, you will be awarded the ICA on completion of the course. Also, you will be able to apply for OSAT with Chase Tiling to gain your NVQ2 once you have gained the experience and portfolio to qualify for it.

Mention my name (Anthony) when you get there.

Good luck :)

C

Concept PHT

It is very dissapointing that people dont ask the questions they want to know about on the day, and then post them on a public forum for all to see before thinking about the damage it may cause.....

From a business perspective, the stories concocted by Central Tiling Group just goes to show how desperate they are to attract business. Its bad practice and they wouldn't need to sh!t stir if they provided a quality training centre built on reputation.

C

Concept PHT

In response to your private message, I apologise for not responding instantly. I must have got side tracked and forgot about it.

I did ask you to e mail me the notes, as I am not comfortable giving out my home address over the net, which i'm sure you understand.

As for Phil at the training academy, I have no connection with them other than doing a 4 week course and being very successful after it. For which I am very grateful to them for.

As with the majority on here, I am on here to give out advice to others where I can, gain valuable knowledge for myself where I need developing and to share with others how I acheived my success.

Not to get bombarded with P/M's about personal concerns regarding rumours and back stabbing.

You should read the response given by Chase Tiling and maybe copy it to this other tiling place and get a response. Thats what I would do.

Good luck with your choices and I hope it works for you like it has for me. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tjsmiler

Hi all

Just wanted to put my bit in, i done the four weeker with PTS in Harlow and since leaving i have spoken to a few people who done the course at Chase and i can honestly say that not one of them had a bad word to say about it...all were out earning money now and aint regretted it.

Anthony, now i know why you turned your p/m facility off.don't blame ya mate....on here to learn and share advice not get cought up in all this crap

Toby

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Newbie in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.