Discuss Newbie in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

peterk01

Hi,

New to diy and to forums so grateful if you can bear with me.

Bought timber to build a mock 2mtr x 2mtr stud wall, and gypsum board from B and Q to fix to it.

I wish to use this to practice plastering and tiling and will do those B and Q classes. But would like any tips to go along with what I have researched up til now, including:

not using pva/water mix onto gypsum board prior to tiling.

Should I use a specific brand of primer on gypsum board prior to practicing my plastering?

Once I have done this and put a layer of plaster on (drying time taken into consideration also), is there one better make of tile adhesive to consider when trying to tile?

I will also be trying to cut holes into gypsum board to fit a couple of socket boxes (not wired) so I can practice tiling around them, should I cut holes before or after putting the plaster on?

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards.
Pete.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Newbie in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hey All, So we're in the midst of a project and it's been interesting. Is there a type of edging...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB